Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eating an elephant

This last school year really threw me for a loop. It was my first year participating in leadership with Community Bible Study (CBS) and being a part of a home school co-op. Both were great things, however, I had no idea what the added prep and time would do to my schedule. We managed just fine but there were definately areas that suffered; meal planning, keeping the home, and working-out all fell by the wayside. Gratefully, I have a patient husband who never complained, but inside, I felt like I was always on the brink of "losing it." So, this summer, I have committed to "taking back the house" and getting a grip on my diet and exercise (more on that later). So, I've just begun, eating the elephant, one bite at a time. This week it was tackling organizing the cupboard above the computer. In the 2 1/2 years that we've lived in this house, this cupboard never had a system. It was the junk cupboard. If I needed something out of it, I would brace for piles to fall. No more. Here you can see the


before.....


and





after.

Gulp.


That's one bite of my "summer elephant." Stayed tuned for more.














No comments: