Today is JT's birthday! It was seven years ago that our Jones Thomas was brought into the world weighing 9 pounds, 3 ounces. Gosh, I can't believe I have a 7 and 8 year old. I am a happy mother and as you can see by the pictures, JT is blessed with many friends and an awesome family. He wanted a LEGO party of which was thrown yesterday. He had 11 kids come to help him celebrate LEGO style. The games were simple: toss the LEGO into the bottle (a variation of the old clothespin in the bottle game), build a LEGO set the fastest, and guess how many LEGO's are in the jar. The kids seemed to have a good time. Despite the planning and stressing about the games, they really enjoyed the free play time that they had afterwards.
We have renamed our foyer the LEGO Lounge. That's where he can play with the LEGO's without them being lost in the carpet and the rest of the family having to walk over them. Since he has that Golden Retriever personality, he wants to be close to people. He is a happy healthy boy.
Along the same line of his growing up, I was having a conversation with him today about heaven. I asked him if he knew or not whether he was going to heaven. He shrugged his shoulders unknowingly. Then I explained to him that when he asks Jesus into his heart and accepts Him as his personal Savior, he can be assured that he's going to heaven.
"Have you asked Jesus into your heart, JT?"
"Yes."
"Really, when was that?"
"In the middle of the night this week."
"Well, if indeed you understand that you are a sinner and that Jesus died on the cross like we read in John 3:16, then, JT you are going to heaven!"
I immediately told Eric and he and I wanted to stop everything and celebrate this LIFE decision. But, unfortunately, JT had moved on and was back to his birthday presents. Oh, the faith of a child. So, we are happy to say that JT's name has been entered in the book of Life.
Happy Spiritual Birthday, JT! We love you!
1 comment:
AWESOME NEWS - you go JT!! Looked like a wonderful party and I am particuarly impressed with the lego cakes - they look professionally made to me! :)
Post a Comment