Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In God We Trust

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."
George Washington

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

Believe it or not, I found these quotes in our Denver Post/Rocky Mountain News on July 4th. It was a one-page spread that Hobby Lobby, Hemispheres and Mardel Stores paid for. I am proud to say that I patronize those stores. Amazing that these quotes were from our first two presidents. Can you imagine our current president saying such things? Unfortunately, probably not.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord Psalm 33:12

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: