Tuesday, June 2, 2009


Now that I'm in my 40's I am able to appreciate wildlife a little more. It's springtime in Colorado and that means we are seeing more and more wildlife around our house. It helps when you bait them with high fructose water and yummy seeds. In the heat of summer, I go through one full container of syrup (4 cups) a day. Right now a bottle is lasting 2-2 1/2 days. The birds on our feeder are Western Spindalis, Black-Headed Grosbeaks, and Western Tanagers. The birds on the feeder are a treat since they have to predict if Gus, our cat, is perching on the railing or not.

The last week or so, we've had rain and clouds almost every day. The nice thing is, it's greener than I've ever seen it around here. The down side is that it inhibits outside activity and our driveway is a complete mess.


On Sunday night, Eric and I did go to Red Rocks Amphitheater to see REO Speedwagon, STXS, and 38 Special in concert. Despite the rain, we enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be keeping our eyes and ears open to who is playing again at Red Rocks. The sound was amazing and there was nothing like seeing the lights of Denver and the lightening, too!


Hope you're enjoying springtime as well!


No comments: