What you're looking at is our Rose Haired Tarantula named Miss "T" or Misty. We inherited her from my second cousin when she went off to college. JT was in absolute heaven having his very own spider. Well, it's been almost a year and a half and I'm the one who has been taking care of Miss "T". Granted, as they say, tarantulas are like pet rocks; they don't do much. However, it did require us to feed it live crickets. Live crickets aren't readily available in Conifer or Evergreen. Despite crickets being cheap, I would have to drive to PetsMart in Littleton to buy 10 crickets at 6 cents a piece. That got old. I tried to find a new home for her by offering her to our local library. They weren't interested. I offered it to friends and they weren't interested. Finally we had a bite. I mean, finally someone was interested. Miss "T" is no longer with us any more. She is with a guy who has over 40 tarantulas and other spider species. He visits schools, Boy Scouts, etc....to teach kids about spiders. While he was here, he also claimed the black widow spider that had been living under the lid of our propane tank. Gosh, he knew so much about spiders. I'm glad that she is in a home where she will be more appreciated. The only bad thing is that now JT want to use the tank/aquarium for a lizard. Here we go again......
1 comment:
Oh my... Christina, you get the Mother of the Century Award. There will NEVER be any tarantulas in this house -- at least not on purpose!! :)
Post a Comment