Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Taste of Reality

I am a little concerned for those who read this blog (is there anybody?) that one would think that I'm living a carefree life with ease and no concerns. That is not the case. I am human and have daily struggles like anybody. I've gained at least 20 pounds since last summer, the economy has impacted our income dramatically, I have relationships that are strained, and I have two kids with colds...in the summertime and that's just to name a few! I just like to keep perspective on the daily grind. It's not always easy, but I try.


"I know what is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4: 11-13


Here's a picture of what I'm tackling today....laundry! Try and stay encouraged!

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength I need!"

Although I DID have the impression you were living on Easy Street, I appreciate your candor and can completely relate to your trials! God has been showing me lately that "hard/difficult" doesn't always equal "bad" -- and "easy" doesn't necessarily equal "good"! My only hope is in the fact that my struggles are NOT in vain -- He has a purpose for it all!!

xo-
Sara :)

Christina said...

Thank you, Sara. Not only am I grateful that someone actually looks at this blog I spend too much time doing, but also to know that my Sister-in-Christ understands and can relate. I can only imagaine the lessons you're learning with two little boys and one big boy! Miss you!