I am an animal lover. I am not a PETA fanatic, however, if I didn't know any better, I could easily see me hopping on that band wagon. Fortunately, I know that God has given us dominion over all the creatures of this earth and they were put on this earth to sustain creation which includes me. This weekend, it was a chicken weekend for us. We have adult chickens that we feed and tend to regularly that in turn provide glorious eggs for us faithfully; at least some of them have been. Eric decided that one chicken in particular that we named Oreo had to go. She only had half of her feathers and was NOT laying eggs. On top of that, we have been able to pick out what chicks (now 3 months old) are roosters and hens. In case you didn't know, roosters are loud, aggressive, and don't produce eggs. So......Eric and JT went "out back" to cull the flock. They took care of Oreo and 3 of the little roosters. Josie and I wanted nothing to do with it. It's a hard but real concept of ranch life. We now have 6 adult hens and 11 chicks. I'm sure there are more roosters in our chicks, but we'll deal with that when it's absolutely clear. Ugh...
No comments:
Post a Comment