Monday, August 3, 2009

A Knight's Tale - Colorado Style


If you have not seen the movie, "A Knight's Tale" with the late Heath Ledger, I highly recommend it. It's one of our family's favorites. The music, humor, and story line are wonderful. We rented this movie while the kids were learning about the Renaissance Period in history this past year. It really complimented a lot of what they had learned. Well, just last weekend we were able to top it by attending Colorado's Renaissance Festival. I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive because of the heaving bosoms and the mystical stuff that goes along with that time period, not to mention the crazies that you can usually find attending. After a little pep talk of what we might see and prayer for protection of our kids' innocence we went. Josie even decided to dress up as a gypsy. Here you can see her alongside her good friend, Bekah. The highlight of the day was seeing the jousting but the various shows and music are also top on my list. We went with several people from our home school co-op which made it even more fun. I think Eric's favorite thing were the 3 "steak on a stake's" that he ate.
This is the guy in the jousting competition that we were rooting for. He was a "good" guy. In the background you can see the buildings and such. What beautiful grounds the festival is on. The weather was perfect and a great time was had by all!

No comments: