Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009


I hesitate even blogging about our Thanksgiving celebration this year. It was pitiful. We had no visitors planned but what made matters worse is that I was very sick. Fortunately, I had already purchased the groceries for the day and had thawed the turkey. However, when the actual day arrived, I was a good for nothing. We had turkey, gravy from the jar, beans, mashed potatoes and a frozen pumpkin pie....boring. I couldn't even bring myself to clear off our dining room table which we use for home schooling, so we ate at the dinette. This lack-luster meal was a big disappointment for me since I really enjoy cooking and baking. Fortunately, kids don't have the Better Homes and Gardens expectations and visions like adults do. They were so excited to be drinking sparkling grape juice from wine glasses and the fact that they got to stay in the pajamas all day. Gosh, I love my family!


No comments: