Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can Natural Living Become an Idol?

Can Natural Living Become an Idol?
Click on the above underlined title and you will brought to a blog entry that I couldn't agree with more. I have thought the same thing in regard to Natural Living being an idol, or fitness, or Green Living, etc..... Just because something may be good, it may not always be BEST; especially when it doesn't line up with God's word. It's our human (flesh) nature to CONTROL things. I don't believe that we need to be foolish about our choices, but we do have to remember that God is on the throne and only HE belongs there. I so appreciated the author's transparency.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Christina, thanks for posting this -- what an excellent blog post! I have wrestled with these concepts myself -- because the truth is, who WOULDN'T buy organic if it wasn't so darn expensive?? We all KNOW it's better for us. But when I consider what we couldn't do if we went all-out organic/natural -- tithing, giving money to hungry people across the globe, etc. -- all because we want to eat better -- I just can't justify it -- and for what, anyway? I don't necessarily want to live until I'm 100.....

We just need to be careful about being legalistic about it. Very good stuff to chew on. Pun intended. :)