Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Josie




Eric is out of town this week and this morning, Josie came into my bed to cuddle. There's nothing like waking up with one of your very own giving you hugs and kisses. Even non-morning people can't deny that! I love both my children, but today I'm kind of in a reflective "Josie" mode. I am so proud of how she is growing up. At almost 9, she is smart, funny, a diligent worker, obedient, and caring to name just a few things. Yes, I'm incredibly biased but that's how it's supposed to be.
I love my pumpkin pie. I love that she is passionate about horses and animals in general. She has a heart for them AND even more importantly is willing to do the work to take care of them. She is the gal to call on when it's time to clean out the chicken coop. She loves the outdoors.
Yesterday, while I was making dinner, she decided to make some banana bread. Since I was in the kitchen, I decided to let her do it ALL on her own. She gathered the ingredients and just followed the recipe. The only part I helped with is getting the last drops of batter into the loaf pan. She couldn't hold the bowl up and scrap at the same time. In the picture, you can see how it turned out. We have declared her the best banana bread maker in the house. The chocolate chips that she added just puts it over the top. Yummy! I love my daughter!


1 comment:

Sara K. said...

You are blessed, indeed! :) What a lovely young lady she is growing into!!!