Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome to my first posting on my blogspot. I hope to keep it updated with the latest and greatest of "everything Jensen" giving our friends and family the opportunity to feel somewhat connected despite the distance between us. Enjoy!


This is a picture of my faithful and devoted husband, Eric and our son, JT. This was taken this summer while we were on a rare vacation to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Time away from work is a special treat for Eric and the family. Working from home and being self-employed has its perks and downfalls. Unpaid vacation time is one of the downfalls. Eric is a hard worker and has provided a very comfortable life for us in the mountains. No complaints here! I probably need to let him know more how much I appreciate all that he has provided for us.


The picture to the left is from this fall. Eric and I got an opportunity to go fly fishing at the North Fork Ranch in Shawnee, Colorado. I enjoyed the fishing but even more so, just being outdoors with Eric. If you're looking for a true Colorado Dude Ranch experience, you've got to check out: http://www.northforkranch.com/ .



Okay...to the right you can see our most precious and adorable kids Josie (8) and JT (6). This picture was taken this October 31st at our church's Fall FamilyFun night. I was able to convince JT to dress as a cowboy despite him wanting to be Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars. I know that this is probably the last time he'll even consider dressing like his sister. We feel so incredibly blessed to have them in our lives and I hope and pray that when they look back at their childhood that they'll know how loved they were and are.

At this time, we are home schooling both kids. We love that despite the hectic world that we're living in, we can say we are a family that gets to sit down and eat 3 meals a day together. Josie's favorite subject is reading. JT's favorite subject is science and math. They both are eager learners!




Well, there you have it, my first blog entry. Make sure to check back often, I hope to update things at the very least weekly. Blessings!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Christina,
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for doing such a great job keeping us posted of your beautiful family.
Jose,
I love your new glasses, very attractive!

Sara K. said...

Good job on the blog, Christina! It'll be fun seeing what y'all are up to! :) LOVE the Halloween picture of your li'l cowboys... SO CUTE!!

~Sara

Nancy E said...

It's so nice to get to peek into a day to day with the Jensen's. Very reminicent in many ways, and sooo sweet. Even as your neighbor just a walk away, we didn't get together to know what a day to day was like for you. I love this! God bless. Wonderful Photos!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing a part of your world. Say hello to Eric, JT and Josie for me and I'm really glad your family came here for a week. It was so good to see you again.