Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!





Lordy, Lordy looks who is forty! Me!! Yes, today is my 40th birthday and even though it's the Christmas season, let me just let you know what a wonderful birthday I've had. I got to sleep in, was offered breakfast in bed, had lunch made for me (including the dishwasher being emptied and kitchen cleaned up), and then had a birthday celebration with brownies. Ahhh...heaven! Did I mention that I received lots of calls from family and friends, too? The picture to the right shows some of the booty that I got. Can you say spoiled? At least with some of the gifts, I'll be able to love and serve others...I'll just have a lot of fun doing it.

On a serious note, I do feel blessed. A lot of people dread turning 40. I do wish I had my body from year 25, but I wouldn't trade all that I've experienced in these 40 years. I am healthy, have a wonderful loving husband, and two beautiful children. I feel completely content.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:11-13)

God is good...ALL the time. I am glad to have been born and hope that I can serve and glorify God.

Now, onto Christmas!

3 comments:

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!! Can't wait to celebrate with you in style!

Sara K. said...

Wow! You got the royal treatment!! Good for you -- you deserve it! :)

Welcome to the 40's ...I'll be joining you next May! :)

Unknown said...

Hey girlfriend!
Can't believe it's been a whole year since I say you! Hope you had a fabulous 40th! Loved your Christmas pictures and blog.
Love you,
Amy