Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cake Pops

We've been in the kitchen a lot more lately as you'll be able to see with my most recent posts.  This week the kids have a talent night at church for their AWANA club that they participate in.  I don't think it's a contest but at the same time, I didn't want Josie and JT to be "just another piano player."  So, Josie settled on singing a song.  I am so proud of her courage since performance has always been something she has shied-away from.  JT will be doing a demo - display of his baking ability.  I found these on the Internet and thought that they would be perfect for him to do.  Here are some of the pictures that we'll display on his project board tomorrow evening of the process of making cake pops.
Step 1 - Make cake per box instructions and bake in 9 x 13" pan.








Step 2 - After cake has cooled, cut into quarters and break cake into fine crumbs.
Step 3- Mix cake with 1 can of frosting or equivalent and roll into balls.

Step 4 - Place cake balls into freezer for at least 15 minutes until firm.
Step 5 - Dip stick in chilled cake pop and then in melted candy coating and sprinkle.
 
Step 6 - Place completed cake pop in Styrofoam to set.  Serve and Enjoy!


1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Oh my! What talent! How awesome that JT is a little cook, and he's not even 10 yet! So I'm wondering, how did the cake balls go from being brown to yellow?