Monday, December 6, 2010

Welcome to 4-H

The kids (and Eric and I) have taken the plunge and joined 4-H.  The kids are involved in several "projects" from shooting sports with archery and .22, Heritage arts with sewing (Josie only) and Horse.  It's been sort of a shock to our schedule, but what has been enjoyable is that our kids are getting outside, learning new skills and it's a family affair.  So far we've been very impressed with the fruit we've seen with some of the older kids in the program.  I laugh because growing up I would make fun of 4-H kids and now I want my kids to be 4-H kids.  It just goes to show you, huh?
Sorry about the rotation of the video.  You can still get the gist of things.
Here is Josie on one of her ring rides with the 4-H Project group.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

This is fantastic! My gears are starting to turn with all the possibilities of outside activities! Thinking about soccer for Brandon next summer, too... so then I will officially be a soccer mom, as we traded in our Matrix for a Sienna (van) about a month ago. :) hee hee