Monday, December 6, 2010

Josie turns 10

My pumpkin pie turned 10 on November 24th.  Yes, I realize it's been forever since I've blogged but this event could not be ignored.  Yikes....10 years old!  In true home school form, she wanted to host an "Around the World" birthday party.  I'll take that cue that she likes our new curriculum since that is exactly what we've been studying; countries and cultures.

The invitees were all sent plane ticket invites and were encouraged to dress as a person from another country or a tourist.  The countries represented were Japan, Africa, India, Honduras, and Mexico.  We had games and crafts set up in various rooms or "countries" in our house.  They "visited" Australia, India, Mexico, Japan, and Africa.  It was both education and fun.  Josie is blessed with a great group of friends.  They obviously know her well since her gifts included horse things and books and a Border's gift card.


I love you, Josephine Elizabeth Jensen.  You are growing up too fast, but I like how you're turning out. 

Love,
Mom

No comments: