Monday, November 2, 2009

All Hallows Eve

Here are my lovely children all dressed up to attend our church's Fall Family Fun Night. It definitely is a fun night for them and I appreciate that this year our church found some professional entertainment in the form of an illusionist/magician that is a Christian. He even shared the gospel in his act.

I have always had a dislike for Halloween. Yes, I was brainwashed as a child that it's an evil holiday so that has a lot to do with it. However, despite me being an extrovert and very social, I dislike dressing up in costume. I'm trying to be a good sport about it with my kids. This year we borrowed costumes from some friends of ours, the Borns, and Josie was Princess Leah and JT was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In case you're interested, I've included a link to find out the history of Halloween. http://http://www.allaboutgod.com/history-of-halloween-christian-perspective-faq.htm

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Well, CJ... we didn't bring the kids out for Halloween this year... AGAIN. The day just got away from us, and then as it got closer to suppertime I thought, "Do I really want to fight the candy battle with Brandon today?" Jon joked that he'll get the "bad dad" award when Brandon is about 12 and realizes he'd never gone trick-or-treating! :) hahaha

I know what you mean about Halloween, though -- I did look it up on the internet, thinking I'd share some of the history of the holiday with Brandon... and then realized we'd be in a little over our heads on this one. I can kinda take it or leave it myself -- so I figured [someday when we actually go out trick-or-treating] we'll kind of try to do the "in not of" thing...

Sara K. said...

Hey, CJ! I keep coming back for updates... hoping to read a post about your Christmas/holiday traditions or something along those lines! :)

Sincerely,
a faithful reader