Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Deep Thoughts" with Christina


I haven't blogged in a while so you would think I would have gobs to say. To be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed lately. It's all "good in the hood" I'm just feeling like I'm at a crossroads with life. Pretty deep, huh?
To the right you can see all of my sibs and my parents. What a brood. We are all capable independent people but I think we forgot what family is all about. We are called to love one another and I think that includes sharing in each others burdens. At this time, my parents are needing our help. My mom ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and my dad, bless his soul, has been trying to handle it all on his own. That is just too much for any one person to have to deal with by himself. So, I hopped back in the car with the kids and drove back to MN to rally the troops, stir the pot, and hopefully my dad sees how much his kids want to help him nurse my mom back to health. Gosh, I love them so much! I'm encouraged but also am realistic that this is going to be a long road.
So, if I may, I encourage you to be honest with the people you love, don't pretend that you have it all together because being authentic only makes the relathionship richer.

No comments: