Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bitter Sweet Good-byes

Yesterday was our last day of co-op.  And, since we've decided to take some time off beyond the summer months with co-op it was bitter sweet day.  Gone are the days of prepping for lessons for 41 kids but also gone are the days that I get to hang with other home school mom's and the same for my kids.  However, I am glad to have ended on a positive note and am so happy to know that we are welcome back anytime.  Next year will be a year for us to be more focused on what we call Foxton Academy and not be driven by the co-op's schedule.  I am looking forward to the opportunity to do more fun educational outings with the kids that support or enhance what we're learning at home. 

Here's a brief video that I put together to show at our Grand Finale Open House last evening.  We truly have made some awesome friends and have experienced so much this last year.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I didn't know you also taught at co-op! What did you teach? Did you enjoy it or find it overwhelming? I totally respect you knowing what your needs are and then making the decision to take next year "off" from co-op. As for me, I was in a mom's group through church for the last two years, but I'm thinking we'll join our first co-op this fall instead!

Oh, and I love the name "Foxton Academy!" That's great! (We call ours Kruger Academy right now...)