Thursday, January 13, 2011

Skating

A couple of weeks ago we discovered a great place to go skating thanks to a blogger that I follow.  Believe it or not, ice skating here in Colorado is not that common; at least outdoors.  So, I packed up the kids and headed down into Denver to enjoy the rink that Southwest Airlines has set up for all to enjoy.

The kids absolutely loved it!  We've gone twice and I can see improvement in both of them.  The first time we went, we happened to meet-up with a family that we had met when Josie had her academic testing done last spring.  Then our MACH III group managed to head down as well the following week. 

Skating brings back so many fond memories for me.  My dad used to flood our backyard when we lived in Minnesota so skating was an everyday thing to do in wintertime.  I remember pretending that I was the gal from the movie Ice Castles doing my spins and turns.  Did I mention that I also sported a Dorothy Hamil haircut?  I think I may have missed my calling......  Anyway, here are a few pics from our time.
 Josie and her friend Hope.
 Some of the MACH III gang.
This last picture is of my good friend Nita skating for the first time.  She conquered her fear of skating (or falling) and is now calling me to go skating!  Way to go, Nita!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

How come no pictures of YOU skating?! :) Looks like a ton of fun, Christina!